A nine-month, experiential course on York County history and community issues. Participants fine-tune their leadership skills, enhance their knowledge, and receive guidance in choosing and applying for a board, elected, or appointed position. Provides access to additional opportunities for partnerships and new business relationships. Runs September through May.
Held from September through May, the program includes a two-day opening overnight retreat, one full day session, and thirteen evening sessions.
- Develops and fine tunes leadership skills
- Enhances knowledge of community and boardsmanship skills
- Provides customized guidance in finding a board/committee placement in the community
- Improves leadership skills and decision-making abilities for employees
- Increases employee retention; participants feel more connected and committed to the community
- Encourages opportunities for partnerships and new business relationships
Instead of an internal selection process, Leadership York asks companies and other organizations that sponsor LTP class members to take the lead by thoughtfully selecting individuals who are both:
- Committed to serving the community in leadership positions
- Willing and able to attend all class sessions
Leadership York recognizes that sponsoring organizations serve as partners as we strive to locate individuals who have the desire to serve in leadership roles. Working together, we can ensure the continuing supply of trained, effective, diverse board members for our community.
Applications from individuals who meet the above qualifications will be accepted on a first-come/first-served basis beginning each May. Class size will continue to be limited to maintain program quality.
If you would like to make sure that an individual or organization is on our mailing list to receive an application packet or if you have any questions, send us an email.
Tuition for the Leadership Training Program is $2,100, plus a $25 non-refundable application fee. In many cases, employers will pay this tuition in order to develop the leadership skills and to encourage the community involvement of their most valued employees. Leadership York is also able to provide a limited number of partial scholarships.
Be a Sponsor
Opportunities are also available to sponsor The Leadership Training Program. Companies gain visibility as they partner with Leadership York to develop leaders for the community.
More information on specific benefits are on the Sponsorship page.